Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Doom, Despair, and Agony on me..........

It's been pretty Doom and Gloom in the media recently. Hell, even the music news outlets are talking about economic recession and the failing economy, and by the way Wall St. is acting, the $700 Billion Bailout didn't ease any of the panic.

People want an escape. They want to be able to run away from the negativity and just get out and have a beer.

I'm not sure how, but gasoline has actually dropped in price. $2.99 a gallon here in Kansas City this morning. Now, I may be way off, but I would think that this might actually be a grand time for enterprising young touring bands. Load up the old van and hit some regional clubs. Play up on the escapism branding in your marketing and draw out the people who want to run away from the hype for a while.

The thing is, no matter how hard things have been for me in the past, I've always felt that a cover charge, a CD, or a beer or two with the guys are luxuries I couldn't live without. I'm willing to bet that I'm not the only guy in America that feels this way.

If you play it right, you may just be able to make a bit of money, and you'll be doing your part to pump money back into the economy. Win/win, and you're a true American Hero.

No comments: