Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What IS Freedom anyway?

Hey Heroes,

There's been this thought running through my head over the last few days, and today I got another reminder of it and I thought I'd share.

The original quote that I'd heard is "Be free of the good opinion of others", and I heard it in a seminar given by Dr. Wayne Dyer. The meaning behind it is to not be concerned about what other people think. Live your life to your expectations and don't get caught up in the opinions of your critics. This is especially important for us sensitive, artistic types. : )

Today, I watched a great piece (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1314973523&ref=profile#/video/video.php?v=82764303769&ref=mf) by a fantastic artist named Kirk Nugent, and in it he has a line that goes something like "Someone else's opinion of you is none of your business". What a great thought!

Now tell me, is there really anything more freeing than that?

Someone else's opinion of you is none of your business.

Who cares if the critics, reviewers, the boss at the day job, or your Dad don't like what you do? As long as you love it with a passion, it will come across that way to the people who listen to it.

That is success right there, and that is Freedom. So find your Freedom, find your peace, and use your gifts to make the world a better place.

Later,

No comments: