Thursday, April 15, 2010

No one can sing your praises if you don't hum them the tune

No one can sing your praises if you don't hum them the tune!

This is a funny little phrase that I came up with a couple of years ago, but it's stuck with me.

When I came up with this phrase, it was as a way to remind myself that it's ok to talk about what I do. In fact, it's more than ok to talk about what I do and to even be proud of it. To go even further, it's essential to doing business or making music or whatever I put my efforts into.

I've never really tried to be egotistical, though I've certainly been accused of it. It's not a matter of ego though, to have a high level of excitement about what you do. It's a sign that you have a passion for your work. So what's more natural than wanting to talk about it? To share it with the world? To scream from a mountain top that "This is what I do with my time and I'm totally and madly in love with it!"?

Let's face it, no one will pay any attention to our efforts at all if we're not proud enough of them to shine a big old spotlight on them so the world HAS to take notice.

I love what I do, I'm good at it, and I'm cheating the world if I keep it under wraps. There, I said it!

No comments: