Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It's a new day!

Hey all!

I've been doing some thinking since my last post and I think that I've nailed down where I want to take this blog.

Something that I've struggled with for years, is Mindset. Being in a solid, positive, motivated, and open mindset, is the key to being able to proceed in life with confidence and certainty, and it's up to us to make sure that we are in that mindset.

Society has become geared to work against us in this process. From an early age we are taught the kinds of limiting beliefs that form the basis of our belief structures.

"We don't have enough money for that."

" Money doesn't grow on trees."

"It's a tough industry, maybe you ought to think about a backup plan. Just in case."

"You can't make any money as a musician!"

Heard any of those? I thought so.

Well, in the next few posts I'm going to talk about some of the tactics and techniques that I'm using to erase and re-record those mental tapes. Maybe they'll help you as well. I hope so anyway. : )

I'm going to call this series "Exploring the Power of Affirmations". Now, before you start fixating on that mental image of Stuart Smalley, the old SNL character, do us both a favor and keep an open mind. This is a technique used by professional musicians and athletes every day.

In the first installment, I want to discuss The Effects of Negative Input.

In part two we'll go over Taking The Step of making the conscious decision to change your beliefs about success.

In part three we'll tackle how to Fake It Till You Make It.

In part four we'll wrap it up with Discovering Your Faith. And no, I'm not going to be breaking out any one's "Good Book" to try and convert you, though I may use some quotes from various religious texts to illustrate that this principle has been used world wide and over the span of history, by some of the greatest people to have ever graced the planet.

So, if you're still with me, join me next week and we'll start exorcising those limiting beliefs so that we can get on with getting on.



Later,

No comments: