Monday, June 14, 2010

Daily Creativity

It's a busy life, you know? Sometimes daily life just gets in the way of creativity. It's not always easy to fit in time to play guitar or drums or whatever we play. It's not always the right moment to put that pen to paper and write that next great song.

It's vital that we do though.

I've gone through HUGE dry spells, where I've just not wanted to do any of it. I've let the business side of things here, the voice over recordings, or the hunt for more clients, keep me from doing what I love best. Being creative. It's not fair to our artist side to deny ourselves this outlet. It's the way to early retirement from our biggest dreams.

I'm finding that if I set aside a little bit of time each day, and just let myself be free to create, it comes in waves. Big, crashing waves. Sometimes enough to overwhelm, but always good stuff.

Leave room for creativity. It's what makes us who we are.

No comments: