Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Time Limits and Expiration Dates

It's a cold hard fact of life that we won't be here forever. This never fails to occur to me when I find out that someone I know is sick. It's an eye opener to what I've been letting slide. What I've been putting off. Life is short and if we don't knuckle under, we won't leave a big enough dent in it to matter.

Isn't that what life's about? Making a mark? Making an impact on the world and being something other than just another parasite on the face of the planet?

Laziness and procrastination are not a luxury we really have. The urgency is real, we don't have long here, and there are always things that can shorten that time, so what can we do to maximize out impact?

Sometimes I wish it didn't take this kind of thing to teach me such lessons.

No comments: